Sales can be described simply as a transfer of enthusiasm from one person to another. Excellent salespeople have a passion for what they sell. They fall in love with their product, believe in it, and often use it themselves.
To increase that enthusiasm and boost your sales, here is a brilliant article once written by John McCarthy a former executive director of IHRSA (International Health Racquet & Sports Club Association) that will help remind you about the fantastic industry we are in.
- You had a product that reduced the risk of dying from heart disease and cancer by more than 50%?
- What if you also had a product that played an important role in the prevention and cure of diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, insomnia, obesity, hypertension and other epidemic self-related disease?
- What if your product made people leaner, lighter, firmer, shapelier, smarter, stronger, more flexible, agile, mobile, alert, energetic, confident, optimistic and not to mention more attractive?
- What if your product was associated with eating better, cleaner, drinking less, smoking less and was strongly associated with having more control over your life?
- What if as a result of using your product companies could save at least 10 times the cost of the product from wasted money through sick days and absenteeism?
- What if it was becoming better known, every single year, that the value of your product, while important at every age, becomes even more important as men and women advance from their 30’s to their 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and beyond?
- And what if children who were introduced to your product found it to be a source of play and pleasure, strength, agility, self-confidence, and self-esteem helping with the ability to compete and cooperate?
- What if your product helped create a bond between husbands and wives, parents and children, rich and poor, black and white, so that a commitment to your product often become a factor that united people in love, friendship, business and community?
- What if Surgeon Generals and top medical practitioners of the world went on record to say that NOT using your product was the equivalent of smoking a packet of cigarettes a day?
- And what if these claims for your product didn’t come from advertising agencies or sales firms, but rather from scientific journals, university laboratories and independent international research that had no vested interest in your industry at all?
And if all this were true, would it be that we in the Fitness Industry are directly responsible for encouraging as many people as possible to use this product? Could there possibly be another business that’s capable of helping more people, in more ways than our own? Could there possibly be another business that offers a more exciting, energizing, and long-term opportunity than our own? Could there possibly be a better time to be in this business than now?
I DON’T THINK SO.
At CFM we are experts in all things related to fitness membership marketing and sales. If you need help at your club give us a call on 0115 777 3333 and speak with one of our Business Development Managers Jonny or Harry.